Acne and its consequences are one of the most annoying skin problems. Acne and acne scars can make even very beautiful face ugly. In this article I want to review the main causes of acne scars and tell how to get rid of acne scars. I found these methods and advice in medical magazines and on medical websites. Remember that you should get a professional dermatologist consultation before using these methods.
The main cause of acne scars
The main cause of acne scars is obviously acne. Our skin produces oil. Acne bacterias metabolize this oil. This process irritates skin. Our body attempts to get rid of this irritation caused by debris that get into inner layers of skin.
Acne scars are the outcome of a wound in our skin healing, resulting in too much collagen ending up in one spot. That means that we get acne scars when our skin try to heal itself from acne.
There are 4 main types of acne scars:
- Ice pick scars: Deep pits, that are the most common and a classic sign of acne scarring.
- Box car scars: Angular scars that usually occur on the temple and cheeks, and can be either superficial or deep, these are similar to chickenpox scars.
- Rolling scars: Scars that give the skin a wave-like appearance.
- Hypertrophic scars: Thickened, or keloid scars.
How to get rid of acne scars
I want to share with you 6 skin care tips that will help you to get rid of acne scars.
- First of all try to prevent forming of acne scars. If you have acne visit your dermatologist. He can tell you what you should do to prevent acne scars and treat acne.
- Don’t touch your scne scars and pimples. Popping the pimples can cause skin damages and it will cause acne scars.
- You should just keep you face clear and help your body to heal your acne. Read how to get clear skin. Wash your face with warm water every morning and every evening. Also you should wash your face every time you feel it became dirty. Don’t use soap when washing your face. It can overdry skin and cause more damages.
- Maintain healthy diet. Maybe you heard that we are what we eat. It’s true. Avoid meals that contain a lot of fat, eat more fruits and vegetables, drink more water, at least 6 cups a day. Your body needs proteins, vitamins and minerals. Of course, it needs fats too, but the amount of fat must be low.
- Use aloe-vera. It’s very useful plant that can heal damaged skin. Rub the gooey inside of an aloe-vera plant on the affected area. Do it everyday.
- Apply yogurt to your face. Yogurt moisturizes your skin and helps to heal damaged areas.
Now you know how to get rid of acne scars. But these tips cannot remove all scars completely. You should visit a dermatologist and he will offer you the most effective way how to get rid of acne scars. My tips you’ve just read above can help you to do it faster and easier.