Age spots can happen to everyone. Usually age spots appear on skin of people who are over 40 years old. But sometimes age spots can form on your skin eve if you’re young. Anti aging skin care is very important for everyone who wants to eliminate age spots naturally.
In this article I’ll explain you what causes age spots, what treatments for age spots exist today, what is laser age spot removal and why it’s not the best choice and how to get rid of age spots naturally.
First of all, lets find out, what causes age spots.
What causes age spots
Generally, age spots is a result of over production of melanin. Melanin is the pigment that gives our skin color. which is the pigment in the skin that is responsible for giving us color. It is also found in hair, the pigmented tissue underlying the iris of the eye, and the stria vascularis of the inner ear. In the brain, tissues with melanin include the medulla and zona reticularis of the adrenal gland, and pigment-bearing neurons within areas of the brainstem, such as the locus coeruleus and the substantia nigra. Over production of melanin is caused by over exposure to the sun or to UV rays. UV rays is a catalyst to the production of melanin. Melanin shields cells from UV rays, which can damage DNA and cause cancer. When this melanin concentrates in a few places, dark spots appear on the skin. These spots are what we call age spots or liver spots.
Other factors that can affect the age spot formation are smoking, a poor diet, and environmental pollution.
If you notice that age spots start to form on your skin it’s time to think about two things: prevention and treatment.
To prevent the appearance of age spots, you should always wear sunscreen and a hat. Also use sunblock creams when you’re outside. Read about most popular sunscreen creams. (link to new article).
Please, don’t try to scrub and peal age spots. It can be dangerous for your skin. You will not remove age spots and you’ll get scars.
Age spots treatment
There are two optons you can choose from:
- Use hi-tech methods to remove spots immideately.
- Reduce amount of melanin and remove age spots slowly and naturally.
Laser age spot removal.
You can remove age spots using laser surgery. It’s quite expensive, but you’ll get the result immideately. But, there is one big problem with laser removal. Laser will remove melanin from particular spots on your skin, but it will not fix the main cause of age spots. It means that dark spots can appear againg in few months. Also laser may leave behind scars and white lines on your skin. Thats why it’s better to concentrate on getting rid of age spots naturally.
How to get rid of age spots naturally.
The proces of getting rid of age spots consists of three parts .
- Diet adjustment.
- Applying age spot removal cream.
- Using home remedies for age spots
Make changes in your diet.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water per day.
- Every day take vitamin C.
- Eat more vegatables and fruits. At least 40% of your meals must be made up of vegetables, nuts and whole grain cereals.
- Avoid dinking coffee and black tea. Replace it with green tea.
- Eat less foods that contain a lot of sugar, salt and saturated fats.
Use age spot removal cream.
Look for creams that contain glycolic acid, hydroquinone, kojic acid, and retinoid. This ingrediens will reduce amount on melanin under your skin.
Also look for creams and products that cantain natural ingredients:
- Extrapone Nutgrass. This plant is used in traditional medicine for many hundreads of years. It contains natural ingredients that reduces the amount of melanin in the skin by up to 40%.
- Shea Butter. This is yellowish or ivory-colored natural fat extracted from the nut of the African shea tree. It contains acids that helps to treat acne scars, dark spots, dry skin and eczema.
- Phytessence Wakame. It’s a seaweed from Japan. It is used in many skin care products, because it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals that help your skin to recover damages and renew cells.
- Grapeseed Oil is an antioxidant that helps to renew overdryed skin areas and remove melanin.
- Cynergy TK is a form of keratin. It helps to regenerate your skin. It is used in skin care products that help to get rid of age spots, wrincles and acne scars.
Home remedies for age spots.
Home remedy # 1
Apply a fresh lemon juice to the dark spots twice a day. Use a cotton wool ball to apply lemon juice. Repeat it for 6 weeks.
Home remedy # 2
Mash up mint leaves and cucumber. Make a paste and apply it to the face. Leave on for 15 minutes, then wash off. Apply this mask twice a week.
Home remedy # 3
Mix two teaspoons of tomato juice and four tablespoons of buttermilk. Apply to the face and leave for 20 – 30 minutes, then wash off.
Now you know the basics. You can choose the method that fits your needs. If you need to know more about how to get rid of age spots, get dermatologist’s consultation.